Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
Avoid Total or Partial collapse of your applications with deister disaster recovery
As companies’ dependence on IT increases, so does the need to implement a disaster recovery plan in the event of the worst-case scenario: a total or near-total shutdown of the affected business.
Today, companies are reconsidering their over-reliance on local backup and adopting a more advanced Disaster Recovery (DR) approach based on cloud services. This approach allows organizations to create a tailored solution to best align with their existing infrastructure.
How we can help?
For organizations using Axional software, we provide the expertise, technologies, and services that your DR plan needs to build a replication solution on our data centers. We apply a holistic strategy including people, processes, policies, and technologies focused on restoring IT systems critical to supporting your business functions.
If you have processing and I/O intensive workloads, or mission-critical applications that require high availability, security and control, we offer you a hosting infrastructure with dedicated hardware to ensure consistent network, CPU and disk I/O performance (Fully Managed Dedicated Servers 24x7x365).
Deister DR sevices
The most common method for many mid-size companies is still to copy data to tape and transport those tapes to an offsite location. It may be a proven method, but in the event of a disaster the recovery process is long, costly, and inefficient. The Recovery Point Objective (RPO) is a minimum of 24 hours for these traditional methods, with an even longer Recovery Time Objective (RTO) to restore manually from backup systems.
Additionally, a vital component of any DR plan is the testing conducted to ensure all capabilities are functioning properly. Traditional DR methods make this task extremely time-consuming due to significant architectural work and an immense amount of hardware and storage that is used in the DR solution.
Instead, we offer a fully managed DRaaS that provides failover to a cloud environment. The service contains three basic steps:
- Images of the customer’s servers are created and stored as warm-standby VMs in our Data Center. A dedicated line of communication is configured between both environments. During this process, IP addressing, VLANs and other elements are defined for the recovery environment.
- Our technicians work with the customer to launch a replication that continually copies data changes in the customer environment to the cloud. We offer two options (see table): Fast Recovery Time (HDR or RSS) and Medium Recovery Time (rsync). In both cases we store the current DB and the most recent backup copy.
- Upon declaration of a DR (or a test), the VMs are ready for use immediately. Customers then have access to their environment through a portal providing console access for any testing or management they need to perform.
With this approach, IT personnel are no longer required to physically transport backups or begin their DR recovery process by manually rebuilding servers and loading backup files. The data and applications are stored, mirrored offsite, and server recovery is completely managed by Deister
|Replication method||Technology||Target||Communication line||Recovery Point Objective (RPO)|
|Fast Recovery Time||HDR||DB||Very high speed||Ultra-low Recovery Point Objective. Our servers can act as secondary servers of customer’s main server.|
|Fast Recovery Time||RSS||DB||High speed||Very low Recovery Point Objective. Our servers can act as tertiary servers of customer’s data center.|
|Medium Recovery Time||rsync||DB/Files||Medium speed||Requires restoring DB backup and loading logical logs. Our servers act as an offsite DR environment.|
All of these services and technological architectures can seem overwhelming, but the layout and arrangement of these services have key cost and operational benefits for organizations. Major benefits include:
- No new investment: There is little to no upfront investment required.
- Ensured testing: Testing to make sure a Disaster Recovery plan is effective is vital for any organization. With traditional DR methods, testing is a long and costly process. DRaaS enables non-disruptive failover testing. All the customer has to do is confirm that applications function as expected. We’ll handle the infrastructure.
- More flexible: DRaaS gives mid-sized businesses the ability to adapt to a changing IT environment and business needs. As your company grows, so does the scale of the service.
- Pay-as-you-go: Companies can start by protecting a handful of critical servers and grow over time.
These benefits, in addition to the cost savings provided, allow companies to focus on the more immediate issues that affect day-to-day operations, leaving the safety of their data in the hands of qualified and certified professionals.
Empower your business today
Our team is ready to offer you the best services