With Axional Studio, you can redesign classic 4GL or DB2 tty applications. It is not oriented to be a beautifier but a way to make a full new 3T architecture. It can run side to side a legacy application and allow step by step migration to the new framework allowing database transportability. It will instantly deliver benefits such as code control, automatic web services, enterprise reporting and mobilizing data into Android™ bases devices.
A database centric system architecure differs in many ways from a classical file based on programming architecture.
- Table driven logic is used instead of logic embodied in compiled programs. The use of table-driven logic, behavior that is heavily dictated by the contents of a database, allows programs to be simpler and more flexible. This capability is a central feature of Axional Studio.
- A flexible rich set of XML languages allow programmers to write platform independent SQL statements, stored procedures or triggers. Using stored procedures that run on database servers, instead of logic in the midle-tier, can give strong performance and integrity/simplicity advantages.
- The use of a shared database as the basis for communication between parallel processes in distributed computing applications simplifies the design of a solution by utilizing DBMS provided transaction processing and indexing to archive a high degree of reliability, performance and capacity.
- To scale up an application, Axional Studio can take advantage of database replication features. With a simple check on the aplication designer, a program can be marked as to read only. In those cases, all database access from that application will be routed to replicated servers leaving primary transaction server for OLTP processing.
Dictionary based programming
The system is strongly focused on developing business enterprise web applications on relational database systems. A central concept is a the database dictionary to store application content. The dictionary of an application is a database where programmers store data model, dml statements, bussines logic and define presentation. The dictionary stores:
- DDL (data definition language) statements either in native or XML database independant syntax
- DML (data manipulation language) statements either in native or XML database independant syntax
- Bussines logic (stored procedures, functions or trigger) statements either in native or XML database independant syntax
- Locale table-column dictionary attributes (column names, column information, formats, etc)
- Navigation menus
An XML language for database programming
As mentioned before all definition, manipulation or bussines procedure functions in relational database agents can be writen by using the XML SQL language. Do I really need to do it ? Yes, if you want to ensure interoperability and database portability.
A middle tier XML scripting language
As some bussines logic can not be writen as a stored procedure or must be migrated from legacy 4GL languages, Studio offers a strong Java interpreted XML scripting languaje. It contains a rich feature of instructions common to many databse 4GL languages but with much more power and flexibility.
Writing forms to deal with database queries and transactions is easy. A full set of widgets needed for all common user interface interactions is provided.
Axional Studio is an ideal suite for database interoperation as it can deal simultaneously with multiple database systems. And as you can write code by using XML database independent languages, you will have no additional effort to make an application run on informix, oracle, db2 or postgres.
WEB services are fully integrated in the platform. As you write a routine or application it can automatically be available as a web service with a single click. No need to do additional coding. The web services implementation will automatically route any request to the appropiate object.
- Informix or DB2 development
- Database interoperation or migration
- Extend databases with geographic functions
- Push/Pull bussines data into/from mobile devices
- Reengeneering legacy 4GL or DB2 systems to web – cloud systems
See the BCT to know which browsers are compatible with Axional Studio.