- Thanks to the ease of use of Axional Mobile CMMS you can efficiently manage emergencies, increase reliability of the information collected in the field and, as a consequence, improve the level of service.
- Integrates itself with the business management solution Axional ERP or even with the maintenance module of your corporate ERP.
Axional Mobile CMMS is thought of as much for the internal maintenance departments of companies as for technical assistance companies (TAC) who perform works for external customers.
Axional Mobile CMMS Is based on a works’ orders (WO) manager across which is carried out the assignment and following of the hours dedicated, the spares used, the tools, etc. as much for the planned tasks as for urgencies outside of programming.
The work orders constitute the fundamental element for the management of preventive and corrective maintenance, for inspection tasks, for the history of repairs and, in general to track the level of efficiency of the maintenance function against associated operating costs.
Ease of use
- A simple and intuitive interface. The learning curve is virtually zero.
- ARemote access to textual information and the graphics of the machines (images, diagrams, manuals…).
- The use of barcodes to aid data entry.
- Allows one to work in a complete ‘offline’ mode with the work orders already received. When communication is re-established the completed data is sent and the updated calendar is received.
- In the case of breakdown or loss of a terminal, the user identifies themselves (“login”) and has access to all of their information afresh.
The system is totally integrated with the central maintenance module to exploit fully the information:
- Integrating with machinery master tables (and their hierarchy of components), operators, etc.
- Allows the direct transfer of scheduled work orders to the mobile device.
- The system works with the latest updates of replacements, prices and availability of stock.
The system has a wide range of reports and statistics which allow for the analysis and the monitoring of operations whether in production plants or in external installations. With this feature, those responsible for maintenance keep perfect control of:
- The workload of current personnel, that planned-for as well as that accumulated and it’s efficiency or performance.
- Daily evolution of operating costs (hours and materials).
- The level of responsibility of the machines/ installations (separating the projected unavailability from the unplanned-for unavailability).
- Control of the efficiency and the final costs of the subcontracted tasks.
Compliance with norms
In many sectors, the regulations regarding health and safety oblige the maintenance of a trace of the activities carried out, of the control of the various parameters of the teams and of the mechanisms which guarantee the maintenance activities are carried out in agreement with the established protocols. It is also frequent furthermore, that the audits of customers give rise to similar requirements. The features of the Axional Mobile CMMS help that the activities are executed in conformity the norms.
The maintenance activities remain fully connected to corporate systems. Hence, for example, the work calendar defined in the Human Resources module is used to assign and plan the WOs. In the same way, the information about spares and materials used in the WO serves to release corresponding purchase orders. In the same way, the detailed information collected in the WO is a source of basic data for analytical accounting.
Includes the following features:
Generation of work’s orders
All maintenance activity is organized through Works’ Orders (WO) which are planned at the time and are assigned to the maintenance technicians or to other external services. The WO is the fundamental mechanism to plan tasks, reserve material or spares, assign personnel, allocate costs and register valuable information on the causes and characteristics of the problems and possible recommendations for future actions.
The WOs can be generated in an automatic way (inspections, preventative maintenance) or by manual means (incidents or unforeseen emergencies).
The preventative maintenance WOs are generated from the maintenance plans from which are defined the parameters which set off the actions.
These parameters can be based on:
- Intervals: The preventative actions are activated once a certain period of time has elapsed since the last intervention.
- The Meter: A determined parameter is taken into account, such as for example, hours of use, pieces manufactured, etc. Once a pre-established threshold has been surpassed the preventative action is activated. The meter’s information can come from the machine itself or else from the data stored in the production system.
The preventative actions are defined through Maintenance procedures in which are included the detailed step-bystep instructions, the verification lists (“Check list”), the relation between materials and spare parts, as well as specific notes for a concrete Work Order.
The instructions of a Maintenance procedure can be of a descriptive kind or whereby they require furthermore the introduction of a piece of data. The system admits all types of data:
- Numeric, a value from a predetermined list
- Date/ time
- Codes from a table
- The capture of images, video or audio
The corrective actions are associated with the machine or installation. The WOs of this kind contain the description or the symptoms of the detected problem.
The task based organizer
The work plan (task scheduler) whether for each work team (squad) or even for each individual operative is defined from the central system.
This organizer is made up by a list of Work Orders (WOs) which can automatically come from the preventative maintenance or by requests for repair (corrective maintenance).
The personalized organizer is transmitted to the corresponding mobile device where WOs with the following options are shown:
- View organized by the hours of the scheduled WOs.
- View by the physical address of the customer or the building in which the interventions and the WOs planned for within the building (ordered by route) will be carried out.
- Consult the WO’s information
- The location of the building (town, street,…)
- Code and description of the equipment
- Location of the equipment within the building
- In the case of preventative maintenance:
- Description of the Maintenance procedure of work
- Codes for the spares and materials to be used
- Comment fields and notes regarding the problem.
- Access to the technical documentation: schemes, manuals, etc.
- Access to the repair history of the machine, facilitating the diagnosis of the breakdown.
From the central systems, those responsible for maintenance have at all times reliable information as to how the operations in the field are developing and can, as a consequence, respond. Axional Mobile CMMS offers the following functions:
- Modification of the organizer in real-time. The urgent repairs can be planned from the central system and sent to the assigned team / operative, whose organizer is updated in an instantaneous way, without the need for the operatives to return to the office to collect documentation.
- The system shows the extent to which the assigned WOs have progressed and is capable of managing the interrupted WOs or those awaiting completion due to an incident.
- Visualization of various statistics about the workcarried out, so that the operative can monitor the extent to which established objectives have been fulfilled.
Axional Mobile CMMS enables the user to be able to re-plan the already existing WOs in an agile and rapid manner. This functionality is very useful to re-program preventative maintenance tasks taking advantage of the stoppage of a machine due to a repair. These new tasks appear in the organizer of the assigned technicians without the need to perform any special action.
Route map based upon the organizer
The system controls at all times the geographical position of each mobile device. This information is used by the system to facilitate the planning of the daily work of each technician working in the field allowing:
- Visualization of the route to each work center from one’s current location..
- Recalculation in real-time of the new route if it modifies the organizer.
A big advantage of a mobile FIS (Field Information Service) system is that it permits the introduction of data at the same time and in the same place in which they are generated. The agility and reliability that is achieved is fundamental to assure an optimum level of service.
The system is designed so that the data necessary to complete a maintenance intervention is collected from the mobile devices direct. The user’s interface, being user-friendly, allows for the easy and exhaustive introduction of all data relating to the work completed. All this data is linked to the corresponding WO, where are collected:
Global data of the WOs
- Start time
- Time of completion (by default, the current time). If the pre-established time has been exceeded the system advises of possible delays in the fulfillment of the scheduler.
- Informative text about the work performed
- Journey time (in the case of charging for the journey)
- Cost of the journey
- Various amounts.
Any number of lines can be inserted as necessary so that spare parts, stocks or material used may be attributed to them and be able to reduce either the stocks of the central warehouse or the storage which each operative has in their vehicle and can bill the said material to the customer. The system permits:
- Determining the code for the replacements or of material used by reading the barcode or if using a search engine by families/ sub-families.
- Indicating the quantities used according to the unit of measurement.
- Specifying the serial number and manufacturer for the spares which are required (machine components).
- The system to show the price for the said customer (whenever it may be applicable).
- The possibility of signing the work reports on behalf of the customer or the responsible for the machine, on the actual mobile device itself.
- The taking of photographs (‘before-and-after’ comparison)
- The system allows the sending in real time of video images of the broken-down equipment so that an expert helps in the diagnosis or in the process of repair.
- The WOs closed and sent to the headquarters automatically update the maintenance module, including:
- Stocks of spares and material.
- Times of the operators.
- History of the interventions to each machine
(The Machine Book).
There is the capacity to define as many inspections points as is necessary for a machine or installation. These inspection actions can be planned for each one or as well, they can be added to the WOs already created so that they may be carried out during the maintenance activity, avoiding specific visits which render more expensive the work methods. Within the inspection actions are included the calibration programs of the machines.
The parameters to monitor are very varied (vibrations, noise, temperature, lubrication, corrosion, pressure…). In view of this, the system lets the user employ any type of data as is needed to gather the results of the inspections. Numeric values, dates, predefined codes, Yes/No values, etc. can be used. This data makes up the basis of a predictive maintenance system.
The data obtained from the inspections are contrasted with the accepted values defined for such equipment. In the case that they exceed these values, new WOs can be generated to act ahead of time. The ultimate aim is to avoid the unexpected stoppages of the equipment and installations.
Printing work confirmation documents
Axional Mobile CMMS allows the printing of the documents relating to the completion of the intervention to deliver to the customer or to the person responsible for the installation.
- Using a small portable printer (with Bluetooth or WiFi connection) a summary document is printed showing the detail of the lines and the corresponding amount, should it requires calculation.
- For companies that offer the TAS (Technical Assistance Service), service, Axional Mobile CMMS accepts two options:
- Printing of a dispatch note which will be billed afterwards.
- Printing of a receipt/invoice which is collected in cash or with a credit card by the same operative.
In the central system at all times the actual location of the vehicles/ operatives are shown, as well as being able to track the route followed. This information provides the rapidity of action when work orders need to be reassigned due to emergencies.
A potent report and statistics module is available which allows the showing and analysis of the various parameters which affect the management of maintenance: percentage of non-availability, cost of materials, personnel costs, kinds of break-down, etc.
With Axional Mobile CMMS those responsible for maintenance have the capacity of knowing at any moment and in real-time, the level of fulfillment of the interventions that the various operatives in the field perform, obtaining the following benefits:
- Cost savings
- The tracking to the minute of job-planning, minimizing the disruptions generated by urgencies.
- Avoid the numerous telephone calls to ascertain the location of the technicians and the times of arrival.
- The minimization of errors when introducing data regarding materials used and hours performed.
- The reduction of the time dedicated to the tasks of management of inventories, of attribution of hours and of back-office tasks in general.
- Improved information use
Thanks to the complete and integrated information that Axional Mobile CMMS offers, your company can:
- Focus on relevant information: Hours dedicated, movements of inventory, repairs that have been completed/ are pending.
- Control in a reliable manner the ratios of response times, duration of the non-availability of the machine, etc.
- Perform tracking of the efficiency of the employees according to various parameters.
- Service-level improvement
- Better agility to attend to emergencies
- Reduction of the times of non-availability of the machines
- The ultimate client (internal or external) disposes of predictive information about when your request will be attended to. Reliable information is available which permits warning of the late arrival of technicians. This information as well as permitting the validation/ rejection of the complaints for the non-appearance of technicians.
- The system records all the interventions, facilitating that management can guarantee that protocols and procedures are followed, ensuring quality of service.