Many companies find that their ERP presents sky-high costs year after year. Instead of an instrument to increase the company’s productivity and efficiency, ERP becomes a passive product, limited to reporting events and hindered by its complexity and the amount of resources it consumes.
In many companies, the most frequent scenario is that:
- The high cost of software maintenance takes resources from other company projects.
- The integration of innovative new applications requires specialized consulting companies to be hired.
- Often, only part of the installed software is used.
- The company avoids software updates out of fear of disrupting the system. On the other hand, the migration to a new product would be quite costly and would require a large dedication of resources.
The reality is that, in spite of the elevated price, most ERP implementations tend to be homogeneous and aren’t able to provide differential value to make each company more competitive. As a result, organizations face the quandary of how to lower costs and find new ways of doing business. In other words, how can we make sure ERP investment creates added value for a company?
At Deister we believe every company is unique in all aspects, and that’s why we conceived our ERP software as a platform that can adjust to the needs of our clients.
This platform is built on modern web-based architecture and a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) licensing system where the client doesn’t need to worry about infrastructure, maintenance or improvements, and in exchange, they have a greater degree of control over their investment.
In this way, we’ve turned software investment into a scalable system that allows you to adjust costs according to your actual needs and increase profitability.
SaaS licensing is offered in two modalities:
This model offers licensing of Deister applications which can be accessed via the Internet. License cost includes application usage, infrastructure and additional software.
This model allows the licensee to install the products on their own servers. In this case, usage rights are applicable to users as well as systems.
Benefits of SaaS licensing:
- The SaaS model allows companies to customize their number of licenses based on the demands of their business. Each year a revision of the licenses used by the company is performed and adjustments are made according to level of demand.
- The flexibility and ease of configuration means that users learn much more quickly and the client can adapt our ERP solution themselves.
- Only one version of the software stays up-to-date. Development and innovation are focused on maintaining that version. In the licensing sale model, the costs of development are split between all versions supported on each platform.